Your dryer is far more hazardous than it appears. More than 2,900 clothes dryer fires occur each year, resulting in an average of 5 deaths, 100 injuries, and more than $35 million in property destruction.
As if the threat of a house fire wasn’t enough, a clogged dryer vent may raise your utility bills and harm your dryer’s heating element (as well as your favorite pair of jeans).
So, with this fast approach to dryer vent cleaning, you can keep your home intact and your clothing smelling like springtime!
What makes you think you need to clean out your dryer?
Is the temperature in your garments higher than usual?
There are a few telltale signs that it’s time to clean your dryer. Some red flags are as follows:
- The drying time is longer than normal.
- Lint on your garments, around the entryway, and behind your dryer.
- A dryer that overheats and frequently shuts down.
- A moldy odor in your clothing and dryer.
- At the end of a regular drying cycle, the clothing or dryer are hotter than usual.
- Lint deficiency or lint on the incorrect side of the filter.
- In the washing area, there is a burning odor.
- After a drying cycle, pet hair appears on garments (if you have a pet).
If you detect any of these symptoms, clean your dryer vent or hire expert dryer vent cleaners.